You are in: Sessions » Selection of ICO & CSLD Delegates
Officers who attend the ICO & CSLD are nominated by the zonal international secretary from recommendations by the territorial commander or officer commanding and, following review and recommendation by the ICO & CSLD Principal, are provisionally accepted. Two years before the announcement of the session, the Principal sends the list of proposed delegates for that session to the Chief of the Staff for final approval. When the approval is received, the home territory is informed and the accepted delegates contacted. The criteria for selection are:
Spiritual maturity and a strong desire to grow in holiness.
- Success in ministry and spiritual leadership.
- Potential for future development as effective leaders on the field, in special work, or in administration.
- Performance evaluations which substantiate the above.
- Sufficient command of the English language.
- The completion of sufficient years of service to demonstrate eligibility by the other criteria.
- No less than 10 years active service to do.
- Good physical health, emotional stability and the absence of severe psychological symptoms and abnormal behaviour.
- Sufficient physical mobility -- able, for example, to negotiate stairs unaided.