You are in: Substance Abuse Treatment Program
The Harbour Light Treatment program is a residential alcohol and drug rehabilitation program with 55 beds and 10 pre-treatment beds.
The Substance Abuse Treatment program treats the disease of the addiction through education, group therapy, and one-on-one counselling. Clients are provided with a safe and supportive program where they can begin the process of change. We take a holistic approach focusing on the mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of each individual.
Although there are treatment programs elsewhere for men, there are none like Harbour Light's as we offer a full Continuum of Care approach. Harbour Light is also the only facility offering a structured long-term program for men on the methadone maintenance program.
Highlights of the Substance Abuse Treatment Program
- The program operates on a first come-first served intake basis and clients can enter the program any day of the week.
- The Harbour Light counselling team have a wide range of experience dealing with addictions.
- Program costs can be funded through the Ministry of Social Development or by self-payment.
- Harbour Light is a licensed facility under Vancouver Coastal Health.
Treatment Program Approach
- Phase 1 - 90 day Residential Treatment program
- Phase 2 - 6-week Re-Entry and Living Skills program
- Phase 3 - Residential Supportive Care (18 weeks +)
- Phase 4 - Independent Living
- Basic Needs - food, shelter, and clothing
- Counselling - group and individual
- Assistance and advocacy - health issues, welfare issues, therapeutic mentoring
- Living Skills - money management, looking for work, making decisions, refusal skills, values and personal responsibility, hygiene and self-care
- Ongoing support for clients who have completed program and moved on
- Pre-treatment beds, post-treatment beds, referrals to other agencies
- Harm reduction services
- Attention to ensure that the clients' needs are being met
- Vancouver Detox
- Vancouver Coastal Health Authority
- Other Salvation Army Agencies and Corps
Contact Harbour Light at 604-646-6800 to ask about intake into program.